Home - Board Members - Calendar - Contact us - FAQ - Forms/Documents & Bylaws - General Info. - Homes For Sale - News & Announcements


- What is a Home Owners Association?

A neighborhood home owners association is a nonprofit corporation that is created to preserve and enhance the values and amenities of the community. The association is comprised of individuals who own property in Highland Ridge and it is a legal entity (Articles of Incorporation have been filed with the Secretary of State of Kansas).

- Am I automatically a member of the Association?

If you own property in Tanglewood you are a member. Owning property automatically as well as legally makes you a member of the Association. In order to be a member in good standing, you must see ensure your annual dues are paid to the Association on time.

- What is the "Board" and what does it do?

The Board of Directors is comprised of members who volunteer their time to the Association in an advisory capacity.  The Board conducts business according to an established set of rules known as By-Laws. The Association Board administers, enforces and defends the covenants, restrictions and agreements to preserve the architectural and general appearance of the properties and common area amenities within Tanglewood.  Funding for this purpose is obtained from annual dues paid by the property owners.

- What are Covenants?

The Tanglewood Homeowners Association Covenants are an agreement between the homeowner and the Association that each will abide by a specific set of standards.  By doing so, the attractiveness and overall quality of life in the neighborhood is maintained; and the values of our properties can be preserved over time.  

- Do I have to abide by the Covenants?

Yes. Failure to do so has potential legal implications.  

- What are my obligations to the Association?

Legally, you must pay your annual assessment on time and comply with certain requirements set forth in the Covenants. There are also opportunities to serve the Association as a committee member, as a committee leader, or as a member of the Board of Directors. Please consider serving.

- I want to make a change to the exterior of my home, what must I do?

Any change or additions to the exterior of your home or to the exterior of your property (house, landscaping, fencing, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by the Architectural Review Committee.

©CopyRight Tanglewood HOA 2016